Re: Sidebar .dll files?

Noel Paton

      7th Apr 2009
(E-Mail Removed) said, in <(E-Mail Removed)>

> I've tried over and over again to try and get my Vista Sidebar to reload
> and I don't know what's going on.
>
> I've followed the steps here:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hel...tm#post2919536
>
> When I type in "regsvr32 -u ATL.DLL" I get "DLLUnregisterserver in
> atl.dll succeeded."
>
> When I type in "regsvr32 -u sbdrop.dll" and any of the other commands I
> get the following:
>
> "the module "sbdrop.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored
> at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary
> or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found."
>
> Help?!
>

> --
> bahl85
> bahl85's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87993.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1155974.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

To quote MVP Ronnie Vernon, ttry this...
<quote>
Click Start / All Programs / Accessories. Right-click the Command Prompt
and
select "Run as administrator".

Type these commands one by one:

Press the ENTER Key after each command.

Regsvr32 atl.dll

Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sbdrop.dll"

Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\wlsrvc.dll"

*Type the commands Exactly as shown, including the Quotes.

*Reboot the computer after you finish these commands before trying the
to open the SideBar.

Let us know the results.
<unquote>
HTH

--
Noel Paton
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Corca

      3rd Jul 2009
Hi Neol,

I tried your fix and it worked for me. Thanks.