Re: Shared disk unreadable

JT

      25th Aug 2003
Ken,

Turning the service off is not enough to make cluster release the disks. You
also need to disable the "Cluster Disk" driver. This is found in the device
manager as a hidden non-plug and play device (need to show hidden devices to
see it). Once you disable this driver and reboot, you'll be able to access
these disks on the node.

Regards,
JT

"Ken Krause" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:047401c36ab9$995da110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am replacing a node in an active passive clustered
> server pair. The shared drives are located in a MSA1000
> SAN device from Compaq. The HBA is the same on both
> servers, a Compaq KGPSA fibre channed HBA.
>
> When I try to use disk manager on the new node, it shows
> the disks as basic unreadable status. I have the cluster
> service turned off on the new node and the service stopped
> on the other active node. This was the only way I could
> get the new node to even recognize any disks at all. My
> question is how do I get the status to basic healthy? The
> new node is using a newer driver for the HBA than the
> original. I was unable to find the driver that was used in
> the initial setup from about a year ago, shich is what the
> active node is using. Could this be the problem?
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Ken

Ken Krause

      25th Aug 2003
Thanks for the response. Just for clarification, I need to
disable the driver and reboot the active node in order for
it to completely release the shared volumes, correct?

JT

      27th Aug 2003
Correct

news:028701c36b3b$4334c480$(E-Mail Removed)...