Re: settings for "make my pictures smaller" when emailing pics

Yves Alarie

      13th Jul 2004
Click on Start, click on Run and type the following in the opening textbox:
REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
and press the Enter key
Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...

You can also resize photos before e-mailing them.
Image Resizing

A. To decrease the size of the file for e-mail, web publishing etc.

Go to this site and download the free Image Resizer. Exe file in one of your
folder.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

Once in your folder, double click on it to install it.

Once installed, you right click on a photo file (or on a group of selected
photo files).

Click on Resize image on the opening menu.

A window will open, select the size you want.

New files will be added in your folder, same name as original file name but
with the word (small) added.

The first time you use it, you may not see Resize image on the opening menu
after you right click on the file or if you see it, it may not work. If so,
do the following:

Click on Run, click on Start and type the following in the textbox:

REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

and press the Enter key.

Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI.

Also, you can download a free batch converter from here to resize pictures
and edit photos:

http://irfanview.com/

"Country" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where can I change the default picture size for resizing pics when

emailing by right clicking in XP? My work PC won't give me a resize option
for 500KB files and I can't find where to change it.

> Thanks for any help,
> Country

=?Utf-8?B?cmFkaW9tb3RoZXI=?=

      4th Jan 2005
Running REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL worked perfectly! I spent 2 hours trying to
figure it out, then read this forum and solved the problem in less than a
minute. Thank you so much!

"Yves Alarie" wrote:

> Click on Start, click on Run and type the following in the opening textbox:
> REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
> and press the Enter key
> Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...
>
> You can also resize photos before e-mailing them.
> Image Resizing
>

> A. To decrease the size of the file for e-mail, web publishing etc.
>

> Go to this site and download the free Image Resizer. Exe file in one of your
> folder.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp
>
> Once in your folder, double click on it to install it.
>
> Once installed, you right click on a photo file (or on a group of selected
> photo files).
>
> Click on Resize image on the opening menu.
>
> A window will open, select the size you want.
>
> New files will be added in your folder, same name as original file name but
> with the word (small) added.
>

> The first time you use it, you may not see Resize image on the opening menu
> after you right click on the file or if you see it, it may not work. If so,
> do the following:
>
> Click on Run, click on Start and type the following in the textbox:
>
> REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
>
> and press the Enter key.
>
> Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI.
>

> Also, you can download a free batch converter from here to resize pictures
> and edit photos:
>
> http://irfanview.com/
>
> "Country" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Where can I change the default picture size for resizing pics when

> emailing by right clicking in XP? My work PC won't give me a resize option
> for 500KB files and I can't find where to change it.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> > Country

=?Utf-8?B?SG93aWU=?=

      16th Jun 2007

"radiomother" wrote:

> Running REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL worked perfectly! I spent 2 hours trying to
> figure it out, then read this forum and solved the problem in less than a
> minute. Thank you so much!
>

> "Yves Alarie" wrote:
>
> > Click on Start, click on Run and type the following in the opening textbox:
> > REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
> > and press the Enter key
> > Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...
> >
> > You can also resize photos before e-mailing them.
> > Image Resizing
> >

> > A. To decrease the size of the file for e-mail, web publishing etc.
> >

> > Go to this site and download the free Image Resizer. Exe file in one of your
> > folder.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp
> >
> > Once in your folder, double click on it to install it.
> >
> > Once installed, you right click on a photo file (or on a group of selected
> > photo files).
> >
> > Click on Resize image on the opening menu.
> >
> > A window will open, select the size you want.
> >
> > New files will be added in your folder, same name as original file name but
> > with the word (small) added.
> >

> > The first time you use it, you may not see Resize image on the opening menu
> > after you right click on the file or if you see it, it may not work. If so,
> > do the following:
> >
> > Click on Run, click on Start and type the following in the textbox:
> >
> > REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
> >
> > and press the Enter key.
> >
> > Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI.
> >

> > Also, you can download a free batch converter from here to resize pictures
> > and edit photos:
> >
> > http://irfanview.com/
> >
> > "Country" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Where can I change the default picture size for resizing pics when

> > emailing by right clicking in XP? My work PC won't give me a resize option
> > for 500KB files and I can't find where to change it.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help,
> > > Country

=?Utf-8?B?SG93aWU=?=

      16th Jun 2007
Works brilliantly. If you've lost your dialog box with downsizing options
when emailing, DO THIS!