Re Saving movie in sections

brunnhilde44

      8th Dec 2009
I am really tearing my hair out trying to cut my half hour movie into 2
segments so that I can save it. I know it's too long because when I tried to
save it as an AVI file it said it was over 4 GBs and it couldnt be saved.
However when I try to understand how to cut the movie in 2 I keep finding
different instructions.
Is there some place where the process of cutting the movie is explained in
great great detail? For example one suggestion was to "select a portion of
the story line and then cut it" but I cannot find how to get past square 1.
How do I select just a portion of the story line in order to cut it?
2. When I do cut it which part is saved? Should I save it as a high quality
movie?
I really really would like to see this whole process explained in really
great detail (so many explanations jump over things and make too many
assumptions).
If I can get over this awful problem I will be eternally grateful! I spent
a lot of time making this particular movie and it would mean a great deal to
be able to save it.
Thanks so much for any assistance.

John Inzer

      8th Dec 2009
brunnhilde44 wrote:
> I am really tearing my hair out trying to cut my half hour movie into
> 2 segments so that I can save it. I know it's too long because when
> I tried to save it as an AVI file it said it was over 4 GBs and it
> couldnt be saved. However when I try to understand how to cut the
> movie in 2 I keep finding different instructions.
> Is there some place where the process of cutting the movie is
> explained in great great detail? For example one suggestion was to
> "select a portion of the story line and then cut it" but I cannot
> find how to get past square 1. How do I select just a portion of the
> story line in order to cut it?
> 2. When I do cut it which part is saved? Should I save it as a high
> quality movie?
> I really really would like to see this whole process explained in
> really great detail (so many explanations jump over things and make
> too many assumptions).
> If I can get over this awful problem I will be eternally grateful! I
> spent a lot of time making this particular movie and it would mean a
> great deal to be able to save it.
> Thanks so much for any assistance.

=====================================
Maybe the following article will get you started.

Movie Maker -
How do I split a complex project into smaller ones?
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...lexProject.htm

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience