Re: Rotate single page in a PDF document

Patrick Keenan

      14th Aug 2008

"lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a 4 page PDF document but would like to rotate one of the pages
> only (for the printing process) but can't seem to do this in Acrobat
> Reader. Is there any other free program that will allow this?

This really has nothing to do with XP.

You need to use a program like Acrobat *Writer*, which is not free, or some
other software that can actually create PDF files. I haven't used it but
PDF Xchange may do what you need at a much lower price. They do have a
demo version.

HTH
-pk

Bob I

      3rd Sep 2009
Lenny left over a year ago. Perhaps you could review how to use the
features of this software by clicking Help on the menu.

undisclosed wrote:
> I need to do the same thing Lenny. I downloaded PDF XCHange, but I
> still don't see where I can just rotate one page in the file. Can you
> tell me how?

olfart

      3rd Sep 2009

<undisclosed> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I need to do the same thing Lenny. I downloaded PDF XCHange, but I
> still don't see where I can just rotate one page in the file. Can you
> tell me how?
>

> --
> lynn63

Foxit Reader will dothat....and it's free
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

marshur

      3rd Sep 2009
Thanks, I downloaded Foxit Reader, but when I try to rotate, it rotates all
of the pages in the document. Could you tell me how to just rotate one page
in the doc?

"olfart" wrote:

> <undisclosed> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I need to do the same thing Lenny. I downloaded PDF XCHange, but I
> > still don't see where I can just rotate one page in the file. Can you
> > tell me how?
> >

> > --
> > lynn63

> Foxit Reader will dothat....and it's free
> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

olfart

      3rd Sep 2009

<undisclosed> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I downloaded Foxit Reader, and it still rotates all of the pages in the
> document. Could you tell me the way to just rotate one page in the doc.
> I checked help first.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> lynn63

sorry I screwed up. It doesn't rotate just ONE page

Andrew McLaren

      4th Sep 2009
undisclosed wrote:
> I downloaded Foxit Reader, and it still rotates all of the pages in the
> document. Could you tell me the way to just rotate one page in the doc.
> I checked help first.

You're sort of asking in the wrong place; because Windows does not have
*any* built-in facilities to view or edit PDF files, and the PDF format
was created by Adobe, not Microsoft. Microsoft have their own
alternative document format called XPS, although it isn't very common.

However, to try and be helpful :-) ... what you need is a PDF Editor.
That is, a program which will let you edit (ie, change and modify) a PDF
document, as well as view them. Foxit have an app called Foxit PDF
Editor; which can do the job, but it costs US$99 - a fair bit to pay if
you only want to change a single page.

"Bluebeam PDF Revu" is another program which you can use to edit PDF
files. It costs US$149 to buy - but they do provide a free 30 day
trial, with all features enabled:

http://www.bluebeam.com/web07/us/downloads/standard/

There are a few other PDF editors out there as well, if you can find a
free trial you may be set. Or if you will be editing PDF files on a
regular basis, you might decide to just buy a PDF Editor application.

The grand-daddy of PDF editors is Adobe Acrobat, this can do anything to
a PDF. However it is a very large, expensive and complex application, if
you just want to make a minor tweak.

Hope this helps,

Andrew
--
amclar at optusnet dot com dot au

Jim

      4th Sep 2009
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:08:08 +0100, undisclosed wrote:

>I need to do the same thing Lenny. I downloaded PDF XCHange, but I
>still don't see where I can just rotate one page in the file. Can you
>tell me how?

View , rotate .

David

      4th Sep 2009
If you are handy with a programming environment, take a look at pdftk
(sorry, I don't have a link). You can seperate your PDF into pages, take
images, read text, do whatever you want with a page then put it all back
together again.

Alternatively, look at itextsharp. (this is for .net developers) However, I
don't know the full capabilities of this. I just use it to combine multiple
PDFs into one.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

<undisclosed> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I downloaded Foxit Reader, and it still rotates all of the pages in the
> document. Could you tell me the way to just rotate one page in the doc.
> I checked help first.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> lynn63

Anthony Buckland

      5th Sep 2009
I went looking on the net, and found something called
Nitro PDF Professional that claims to have two rotating
capabilities:

- 1 - Temporarily rotate all the pages by rotating the view
- 2 - Permanently rotate various selections of pages

I leave it as an exercise for the student to investigate
further and find out whether this is a good piece of
software, how much it costs (the word "professional"
usually implies extra money), how dependable it is,
and whether it truly does what the original poster wants.

http://www.nitropdf.com/professional..._pdf_pages.htm