Re: right cab to use

Arun

      2nd Jun 2010
On Jun 2, 2:14*am, "jason2s via DotNetMonster.com" <u55437@uwe> wrote:
> hi,
> i have a movile device runing windows ce 5.0
> the cpu is a: intel ARM920T-PX
> i try to install the right cab for:
>
> Sql Server Compact
> Microsft Net cf 2.0
> microsoft sql client 2.0
> i canīt deploy using activesync because the usb connection
> for some reason donīt work
>
> thanks for your help

Is it Windows Mobile 5 or Windows CE 5?

Manually copy and extract the .cab files.
The Netcf.core.platform.processor.cab and Sqlce.platform.processor.cab
files are installed by default in <Drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET 2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE
\platform\processor.

The Sqlce.dev.platform.processor.cab file includes SQL Server CE Query
Analyzer and the DLLs that provide error descriptions for use during
development (Ssceerror20en.dll and Msdaeren.dll).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa225581(SQL.80).aspx

If you can't connect Active Sync, then other ways are either you need
your device in LAN or over the air installation.
You need either WiFI/Bluetooth or GPRS mobile connection to move the
cab files to the device.

If you have visual studio, you can connect the device without active
sync,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228708(VS.80).aspx

--
Arun Selvaraj