Re: Resume download using HTTP headers

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

      7th Aug 2004
i assume you are looking to move large files across the wire? you should use
BITS service available with IIS. this technology allows you to dribble bits
of a file across the wire till the download is complete.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...WinXP_BITS.asp

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
"nestorarturo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I really appreciate any help regarding a download manager I need to
> build. The main issue is about resume broken downloads. As far as I've
> read,
> for HTTP file downloads I need to use something like "Content-Range: bytes
> 20-30/1000" on an HTTP header to resume a download from another point
> different from the beginning. I'm using WebRequest and add this header but
> always getting my files from the beginning.
>
> By the way, this is not an ASP or ASP.NET application.
>
> Really, really and really appreciate any code sample on .NET or
> documentation about this HTTP "conversation" I have to make to
> successfully
> resume a download.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Nťstor FernŠndez
> Cail - Colombia

=?Utf-8?B?bmVzdG9yYXJ0dXJv?=

      7th Aug 2004
Thank you, let me see what that BITS stuff is.
Back soon.