Re: How to recover Recovered File Fragments (*.chk)

Dave Patrick

      11th Aug 2003
What happened when you restarted the pc was chkdsk ran and found broken
chains/ lost clusters, then created *.chk files of them so you can delete
them and regain the otherwise lost drive space. They're not really meant to
be recoverable files, you can go ahead and delete the files to regain the
lost space. You can open them with a text editor and attempt to copy the
parts you need to another file.

--
Regards,

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]