Re: Printer Prints Areo Shadow

Jan Ilacqua [MVP]

      19th Dec 2006
Hi Richard :-)

In Word check the File>Page setup>Paper>Print options tab
Under Pinting options, see if the Background printing is checked. If so,
try unchecking it.
Under Include with document, see if the Background colors and images is
checked. If so, uncheck it and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Jan
MS MVP - Windows IE

>I have a HP Officejet 5610 and when I print the print is bold like and has
> shadow with every character I print from Microsoft Word 2003. I have
> tried
> other programs like Stamps.com with the same result.
>
> What is the shadow and how do I stop it?
>
> Also, how do I stop the bold if possible?
>
> I am using RC1 Public.

Jan Ilacqua [MVP]

      20th Dec 2006
Hi Richard :-0

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions. You might also contact HP and
ask them what setting you might need to change in order to prevent that
shadow. This is the first I have heard of this problem, so that is the only
other thing I can suggest, other then to update your printer drivers and see
if that will help.

Jan
MS MVP - Windows IE
Windows TechBeta Tester

"Richard 378" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That doesn't solve the problem. I still have a shadow.
>
> "Jan Ilacqua [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Richard :-)
>>
>> In Word check the File>Page setup>Paper>Print options tab
>> Under Pinting options, see if the Background printing is checked. If so,
>> try unchecking it.
>> Under Include with document, see if the Background colors and images is
>> checked. If so, uncheck it and see if that helps.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Jan
>> MS MVP - Windows IE
>>

>> >I have a HP Officejet 5610 and when I print the print is bold like and
>> >has
>> > shadow with every character I print from Microsoft Word 2003. I have
>> > tried
>> > other programs like Stamps.com with the same result.
>> >
>> > What is the shadow and how do I stop it?
>> >
>> > Also, how do I stop the bold if possible?
>> >
>> > I am using RC1 Public.

Jan Ilacqua [MVP]

      21st Dec 2006
Hi Richard :-)

>I contacted HP and they say the HP software and Vista are not
>communicating.
> That I should wait for Vista to come out in January. They will release
> Vista
> drivers at that time.

Thank you for posting back and letting us know what your outcome was with
HP. Although it does not resolve your immediate problem, it is good to know
that they are seemingly working on a solution.

There are many vendors that have held off creating new drivers and/or
software updates until the RTM version, so we will hopefully see a good deal
of improvement in many of the problem areas we are all now experiencing in
one way or another at this early stage of the game when Vista goes public
the end of January. Until then, we must either try to deal with them in
Vista, or work between XP and Vista, or stay wtih XP until then.

Jan
MS MVP - Windows IE
Windows TechBeta Tester