Re: Outlook, CRM and Quickbooks is there an answer

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      20th Apr 2005
CranqueeYanquee wrote:
> We started with Act, went to Goldmine and have decided to come back to
> Outlook knowing the issues that exist when combining OL with Business
> Contact Manager on a peer to peer running SBS 2003 and Quickbooks
> 2004.

Peer to peer? SBS requires a domain.... ?

> Question, what experiences have people had with Teamscope's
> OutlookCRM as an alternative to BCM.

They have an eval on their website - I checked it out for a client and
although it did a lot of what they wanted, it also did more than they wanted
and they found the interface clunky. That said, the Teamscope people were
incredibly nice and did a lot of pre-sales support with the eval version we
installed to test - I suggest you check it out.

More options here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contact_management.htm

> Also what experience do people
> have with link programs like Outbooks to pull in QB data.

Sorry, I've never tried that. Search the Intuit support site for more info.
I usually see this question phrased the other way around (i.e., get OL data
into QB).

> Any
> comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Note that the people who lurk in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs are a
very enthusiastic and helpful bunch, and know all sorts of things, so I
suggest you post in that group.

New Member

      6th Oct 2005
FYI, not sure what specifically your client didn't like about the interface, but you might want to check out our new OutlookCRM v4.0 as we've done a much deeper integration into Outlook. Instead of having to use the OutlookCRM toolbar, in 4.0 you can now just create and reply to e-mails like usual in Outlook and OutlookCRM will see those and log them if you choose to.