Re: OPEN OUTLOOK EXPRESS EML FILES WITH OUTLOOK 2000

kaygbee@inbox.ru

      29th Dec 2003
in other words - EML files can NOT be opened in Outlook?

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:25:34 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You will need to open them in Outlook Express first. Outlook Express uses
>.dbx files which Outlook does not understand.
>
>And please do not use all Caps - it is considered to be shouting and is hard
>to read.
>

>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
>(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> asked:
>
>| HOW CAN WE OPEN THE SAVED OUTLOOK EXPRESS EML FILES WITH
>| OUTLOOK 2000? ANYONE KNOW OF A UTILITY WE CAN RUN THROUGH
>| OUR SERVER TO CONVERT THESE FILES? MOST HAVE ATTACHMENTS

ICQ 6124479
kaygbee at inbox dot ru

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      29th Dec 2003
Depends on how you define "open". If you just need to read them, you don;t
need OL or OE - open them in notepad.

If you drop the eml's into OL, you'll get a message with the eml attached.

Every Windows system has OE installed - double click on an eml to open it
(click cancel to avoid creating a profile in OE) and you can read it. If you
need to reply, you'll need to create an OE profile and either reply from OE
or export into OL.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...tlook.*&num=30