Re: Offline File tab does not appear. It is missing.

Wesley Vogel

      21st Sep 2004
Go here:

Read the instructions at the top
Scroll down to 273. Right hand side
Click on...
Restore Offline Files Tab - Folder Options

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> I am trying to set up offine files to use, but when I hit My computer
> - Tools - Folder Options, the offline Files tab is not there. There
> are only 3 tabs, General, View, File Types. Does anyone know why?
> Do I need to separately install this feature? Can anyone please help
> me with that? Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?dG9reW9qaW0=?=

      21st Sep 2004
Wesley,
Thanks for the tip. I went there and found the file and saved it to my
hard disk and double clicked on it and installed it I guess. But even after
rebooting, the offline file tab did not appear. Did I do something wrong?
thanks!

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Go here:
>
> Read the instructions at the top
> Scroll down to 273. Right hand side
> Click on...
> Restore Offline Files Tab - Folder Options
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> > I am trying to set up offine files to use, but when I hit My computer
> > - Tools - Folder Options, the offline Files tab is not there. There
> > are only 3 tabs, General, View, File Types. Does anyone know why?
> > Do I need to separately install this feature? Can anyone please help
> > me with that? Thanks.

Wesley Vogel

      21st Sep 2004
I don't know.

Try this...

Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK |

See if you have this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\
Value Name: NoConfigCache
Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0 (zero)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> Wesley,
> Thanks for the tip. I went there and found the file and saved
> it to my hard disk and double clicked on it and installed it I guess.
> But even after rebooting, the offline file tab did not appear. Did I
> do something wrong? thanks!
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Go here:
>>
>> Read the instructions at the top
>> Scroll down to 273. Right hand side
>> Click on...
>> Restore Offline Files Tab - Folder Options
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
>>> I am trying to set up offine files to use, but when I hit My
>>> computer - Tools - Folder Options, the offline Files tab is not
>>> there. There are only 3 tabs, General, View, File Types. Does
>>> anyone know why? Do I need to separately install this feature? Can
>>> anyone please help me with that? Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?dG9reW9qaW0=?=

      21st Sep 2004
Wesley,
I don't think I understood your last post. I found the NoConfigCache
file like you said. But I didn't understand where to type Reg_Dword The
value data was 0 as you said. I tried to type it in the slot that said Value
name, but I couldn't change what was written there. SOrry to bother you.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> I don't know.
>
> Try this...
>
> Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK |
>
> See if you have this key:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\
> Value Name: NoConfigCache
> Type: REG_DWORD
> Value Data: 0 (zero)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> > Wesley,
> > Thanks for the tip. I went there and found the file and saved
> > it to my hard disk and double clicked on it and installed it I guess.
> > But even after rebooting, the offline file tab did not appear. Did I
> > do something wrong? thanks!
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Go here:
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> >>
> >> Read the instructions at the top
> >> Scroll down to 273. Right hand side
> >> Click on...
> >> Restore Offline Files Tab - Folder Options
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >> Wes
> >>
> >> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> >> tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:

Wesley Vogel

      21st Sep 2004
Sorry. In this instance REG_DWORD *is* the Type.

If things showed up as...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\
In the right hand pane...
NoConfigCache REG_DWORD 0x0000000 (0)

Than the edit you downloaded did merge to your registry.

As far as the edit not working, I do not have a clue.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> Wesley,
> I don't think I understood your last post. I found the
> NoConfigCache file like you said. But I didn't understand where to
> type Reg_Dword The value data was 0 as you said. I tried to type
> it in the slot that said Value name, but I couldn't change what was
> written there. SOrry to bother you.
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> I don't know.
>>
>> Try this...
>>
>> Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK |
>>
>> See if you have this key:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\
>> Value Name: NoConfigCache
>> Type: REG_DWORD
>> Value Data: 0 (zero)
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> tokyojim <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
>>> Wesley,
>>> Thanks for the tip. I went there and found the file and saved
>>> it to my hard disk and double clicked on it and installed it I
>>> guess. But even after rebooting, the offline file tab did not
>>> appear. Did I do something wrong? thanks!

Alex

      6th Oct 2004
Wesley,

I am having this same issue with XP Home Edition SP2. I
followed the steps in this thread and I can confirm the
registry key was added from the .reg file and the
attributes are as you described them below. I still do
not see the Offline File Tab. Can you offer any
additional insights?

Thanks.

Alex

(E-Mail Removed),