Re: NvCpl.dll - missing entry: NvStartup

Will Denny

      18th Jun 2004
Hi

Try re-installing the Nvidia software for your graphics card.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Bruno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
| On booting up I get the following error message: "Error in
C:\WINNT\System32\NvCpl.dll Missing entry: NvStartup"

| Can anyone advise how I should fix this?
|
| Any suggestions will be much appreciated

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ1bm8=?=

      19th Jun 2004
Thanks - have got rid of that message, but now get "Error loading NvQTwk - The specified module could not be found"

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try re-installing the Nvidia software for your graphics card.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Bruno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> | On booting up I get the following error message: "Error in
> C:\WINNT\System32\NvCpl.dll Missing entry: NvStartup"
> |
> | Can anyone advise how I should fix this?
> |
> | Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Quentin David Jones

      19th Jun 2004
None of the Nv startup items are needed,

Use START / run "msconfig" / STARTUP
and untick all entries starting "nv..."

Q.

"Bruno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks - have got rid of that message, but now get "Error loading NvQTwk -
> The specified module could not be found"
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try re-installing the Nvidia software for your graphics card.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Bruno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> | On booting up I get the following error message: "Error in
>> C:\WINNT\System32\NvCpl.dll Missing entry: NvStartup"
>> |
>> | Can anyone advise how I should fix this?
>> |
>> | Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Will Denny

      19th Jun 2004
Hi

Uncheck all references to Nvidia in msconfig>startup - I have without any
problems.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Bruno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Thanks - have got rid of that message, but now get "Error loading NvQTwk -
The specified module could not be found"

| "Will Denny" wrote:
|
| > Hi
| >
| > Try re-installing the Nvidia software for your graphics card.
| >
| > --
| >
| > Will Denny
| > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
| > Please reply to the News Groups
| >

| > "Bruno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | On booting up I get the following error message: "Error in
| > C:\WINNT\System32\NvCpl.dll Missing entry: NvStartup"
| > |