Re: New Laptop User - Must I Buy Vista?

D. Spencer Hines

      26th Feb 2007
Hmmmmmm...

I sincerely hope you have not been conned and euchred.

DSH

"KNellie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I have just purchased a new laptop and was under the impression that when I
> was told "windows vista" comes with it, that I did not have to purchase
> the
> actual software besides. Is this not the case? Do I really need to
> purchase
> the program after my 60-day trial ends? I'm having issues with product
> keys
> and such, so that is why I'm getting so frustrated with this.
>
> Thanks for your help

pvdg42

      26th Feb 2007

"D. Spencer Hines" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have just purchased a new laptop and was under the impression that when
>> was told "windows vista" comes with it, that I did not have to purchase
>> the
>> actual software besides. Is this not the case? Do I really need to
>> purchase
>> the program after my 60-day trial ends? I'm having issues with product
>> keys
>> and such, so that is why I'm getting so frustrated with this.
>>
>> Thanks for your help

That would depend on the company you purchased the laptop from.
Are you sure the 60 day trial applies to Vista, or are some of the other
programs supplied with your laptop trial versions?

It's quite normal for trial applications to come installed on a new laptop,
however it's certainly *not* normal for the OS supplied to be a trial (at
least not from reputable vendors).

Check with the vendor, and by all means post back here with the name of the
vendor you purchased from for more information.

D. Spencer Hines

      26th Feb 2007
I didn't write that.

DSH