Re: The modem is not answering incoming calls

Mayuri Diwan[MSFT]

      7th Aug 2003
Hi Nikos,

Can you check the following things:-
1) Is you modem configured to recieve faxes. You can do this by :-
a) Fax Service Management Console from Start
Menu->Programs->Accessories->Communication ->Fax->Fax Service Management.
b) In the Fax Service Management go to the Devices Tab
c) The right pane should show you the current modem on you machine.
Check the Receive column to see if receiving is enabled.
d) In case, receiving is disabled right-click on the device and check
the recieve on option.

2) In case, recieving was already enabled could you let us know about what
error you are seeing. Also can you give us the even log which are seen in
this case.
You can get the event logs by launching the eventviewer.
StartMenu->Run->eventvwr.

--
Mayuri Diwan
Microsoft Fax Team

puposes only.
news:88b401c3455d$54fa9810$(E-Mail Removed)...