Re: Message Store

Karen

      4th Apr 2009
Thanks John,

Well, all of my emails did go missing out of my inbox. So, I assumed that
compacting had something to do with it. I have since received new emails
without any problem. All of the emails that I had previously moved to other
folders are still there. Only the ones that were in my Inbox are missing.
What could have happened and where did they go? Do you have any ideas. Thanks
again for you help.

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Compacting your email should not have got rid of them, they should still be
> in the same place they have always been which should be
> C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail (where the example
> is showing John you need to replace this with your own name.
>
> One way to check the location of the mail store is to open Windows Mail,
> Click Tools and then click Options. In the options window, Click the
> Advanced tab. In the Advanced window, Click the Maintenance button. Once the
> maintenance window opens click on the Store Folder button. A window will now
> display the location of the Windows Mail foler store.

> John Barnett MVP
> Windows XP Associate Expert
> Windows Desktop Experience
>
> Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>

> "Karen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can someone please help me??? I was in a hurry and clicked ok to compact
> > my
> > windows mail and now I can not find where the message store is. I have a
> > pop
> > up window that says it can compact the message store. Can someone tell me
> > where to find my emails now?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch

PA Bear [MS MVP]

      4th Apr 2009
[By any chance are you running Outlook Express in WinXP, Karen? Is your
anti-virus application configured to scan incoming & outgoing mail?]