Re: merging or replacing profiles

Mike Brearley

      19th Jan 2007
You may be able to simply move all the files except the ntuser.* files over
to the new profile directory after it has been created.

I've never tried that before, but it seems like it should work unless
something in the application data or local settings folders was causing
whatever issues that made you decide to create a new profile in the first
place.

What I'd do is:
-log in as a different user with admin persmissions
-move the C:\Documents and Settings\OldProfile directory to a backup
location
-log in as the original user to create the new profile and log right back
out
-log back in as the other user and move (or copy if you prefer to keep the
backup) everything except the ntuser.* files from the backup location to the
newly created profile

--
Mike

Posted as-is. Any spelling and/or grammar mistakes are a direct result of a
communication glitch between my brain and my fingers which may or may not be
directly related to a lack of caffeine intake.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...