Re: lock a drive and folders

Bruce Chambers

      6th Aug 2009

alikhan wrote:
> hi
> i have some private data in my pc
> and my cosins r visiting us in few days
> i dont want to show my private data to them
> can i lock my drive or folders by cmd or some other method?
> thanks.

Although these articles refer to WinXP, the same principles apply:

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
Folders
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q308419

The simplest method, of course, you be to simply deny your cousins
access to your computer, entirely.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: