Re: Linked Table Manager

Armen Stein

      29th Apr 2010
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:12:29 GMT, "mr3316a via AccessMonster.com"
<u59438@uwe> wrote:

>I am using the following code to launch the Linked Table Manager in Access
>2007:
>
>DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager
>
>My question is:
>Is there a simple way to tell if the linking was Successful, Failed, or if
>the user Canceled the process?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Mark

If you want a more automated approach to relinking tables, you're
welcome to use our free J Street Access Relinker on our J Street
Downloads page: http://ow.ly/M56Q

It handles multiple Access back-end databases, ignores ODBC linked
tables, and can automatically and silently relink to back-end
databases in the same folder as the application (handy for work
databases or single-user scenarios). There's a ReadMe table with
instructions.

Per your question, it can also return a flag indicating whether the
relinking was successful.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com

Armen Stein

      29th Apr 2010
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:14:25 GMT, "mr3316a via AccessMonster.com"
<u59438@uwe> wrote:

>Thanks for the quick reply, and I am going to checkout your relinker.
>However, I need to put something in place quickly.
>What would the code look like to set the return flag?

In our relinker, the flag is already set. It's very quick to
implement.

You don't have access to any return flag using the built-in Linked
Table Manager, that I know of.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com