Re: Left speaker won't work

Peter Foldes

      30th Sep 2008
> Any ideas?

No aside from checking the wires which you keep using on all your speakers when you change them and/or reversing the connection and this post does not belong here in this newsgroup

--
Peter

"Docient" <#$$9#@%%%.^^^> wrote in message news:ZgiEk.1353$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can't get my left speaker to work, and the right one isn't real strong or
> clear.
>
> Have tried all the volume and balance settings.
>
> Have tried 2 different sound cards. One on board, the other a PCI, which is
> new.
>
> Have tried 3 different sets of speakers. Two sets of which are new.
>
> Any ideas?

GlowingBlueMist

      30th Sep 2008
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Docient" <#$$9#@%%%.^^^> wrote in message
news:ZgiEk.1353$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can't get my left speaker to work, and the right one isn't real strong or
> clear.
>
> Have tried all the volume and balance settings.
>
> Have tried 2 different sound cards. One on board, the other a PCI, which
> is
> new.
>
> Have tried 3 different sets of speakers. Two sets of which are new.
>
> Any ideas?

It's possible that the jack on the sound card or motherboard is either
making only partial contact, as in defective, or possibly partially
unsoldered.

If it's an individual sound card you need to remove it and check the output
jack. If it's the motherboard it is usually easier to insert an external
sound card and turn off the internal sound system at the motherboard's BIOS
settings.

Peter Foldes

      1st Oct 2008
1st it is a Hardware Problem not an XP as in OS

2nd you multiposted this to different newsgroups which should not be done

--
Peter