Re: what is the largest hard drive that WindowsXP can "see"?

Flasherly

      14th Nov 2011
On Nov 13, 6:39 pm, "TimDrouillard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Internally for data, 2TB
> External (USB), 3TB
>
> "John B. Smith" wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I'm thinking of getting another external usb-driven hard drive to use
> for various back-up imaging and general storage. I have 32 bit XP. I
> know it can see 500gig, can it see 1 terrabyte?

That's dependent on the docking station or whatever USB gizzmo you're
sticking one into. I've a couple Rosewill, one unit free w/ a HD
purchase and another for $10, that will variously see/are rated up to
1.5T. Seems I might have been doing weird stuff with pre-formating
them with a likes of Easeus before putting them into an ASUS MB BIOS
that definitely didn't support that large a drive. Or something. The
ASUS MB has went since practically belly up. Not sure, either, would
tend to doubt offhand, if I've actually a 2G in a stack of 3 or 4 1+T,
large "GREEN" drives. Thermaltake, btw, is dumping their USB2 docking
stations in front of the USB3 onslaught after a suitable course of
rebate hoops for jumping through. Geez, hope they don't get stuck
with any leftover extras that cost $50 at the time I got my
Rosewills. Saw the Thermaltakes for $10 on sale yesterday or today,
not for sure where but possibly on Newegg. They'll be spec'd out for a
drive-size range, anyway, in their lit.