Re: laptops' hard drive processors

Robert Nichols

      24th Apr 2012
On 04/23/2012 03:02 AM, lbrt chx _ gemale wrote:
> Laptops are designed to be picky about the kinds of internal hard drives they may use. For example I need 320GB 5400 rpm hard drives based on the following chips:
> ~
> AMD: 462355-002
> ~
> INTEL: 462355-001 489821-001
> ~
> Where can I find which internal harddrives (brands and models) are based on those processors?

You are totally misreading that list on page 26. "AMD" vs. "Intel"
refers to the brand of CPU in the laptop. Those numbers are HP's
part numbers for what they stock as spare parts. If you wanted to
order a replacement drive from HP, those are the numbers you would
use. You won't find a drive anywhere else with those numbers.