Re: INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

joust in jest

      22nd May 2005
There is a reason why the OEM version of Windows XP Home is considerably
less expensive than the retail version of Windows XP Home -- the OEM, not
Microsoft, is responsible for providing Windows XP Home technical support.

Since, as you admit, you are the OEM, you are responsible for providing
Windows XP Home technical support.

Some suggestions for troubleshooting:

If the installation disk has a scratch or a fingerprint, you can experience
corrupt files.
During pre-installation, files are read from the CD and unpacked to system
memory. If there is a problem with your system IO, the file will be munged
during the unpack/write process.
During installation, Windows pulls the unpacked files from memory. If you
have faulty memory, a correctly unpacked/written file will be corrupt when
Windows installer tries to read it.

Good luck,
--
steve