Re: Importing WAB file to Outlook 2007

PA Bear [MS MVP]

      20th May 2009
[Crossposted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts newsgroup]

Now Export your OL 2003 contacts to a CSV file then try importing the CSV
into OL 2007.

Outlook-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.outlook.general
microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
microsoft.public.outlook.configuration
microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
microsoft.public.outlook.fax
microsoft.public.outlook.installation
microsoft.public.outlook.interop
microsoft.public.outlook.printing
microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
microsoft.public.outlook.teamfolders
microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

chrissyd wrote:
> I have exported all my contacts' email addresses from Outlook 2003 to a CD
> as a WAB file. I double clicked on this file on my new PC and it said it
> was
> importing the addresses to my Contacts in Outlook 2007 - but they're not
> there - just an administrator entry has turned up. I've tried this twice
> and
> shutting down/reopening Outlook but no joy. Any suggestions gratefully
> received. Thanks, chrissyd.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      21st May 2009
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Outlook-specific newsgroups include:
> microsoft.public.outlook.bcm

and microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.developers

> microsoft.public.outlook.configuration

Odd. The Microsoft server doesn't seem to carry this.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

chrissyd

      21st May 2009
Thanks for this - found the WAB files in Contacts under 'myfolder' and have
been able to group into subfolders before importing them into Outlook 2007.
Might not be the most elegant way to pull through 7 sub folders of addresses
but seems to work. Thanks again, chrissyd.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crossposted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts newsgroup]
>
> Now Export your OL 2003 contacts to a CSV file then try importing the CSV
> into OL 2007.
>
> Outlook-specific newsgroups include:
>
> microsoft.public.outlook.general
> microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
> microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
> microsoft.public.outlook.configuration
> microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
> microsoft.public.outlook.fax
> microsoft.public.outlook.installation
> microsoft.public.outlook.interop
> microsoft.public.outlook.printing
> microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
> microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
> microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
> microsoft.public.outlook.teamfolders
> microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> chrissyd wrote:
> > I have exported all my contacts' email addresses from Outlook 2003 to a CD
> > as a WAB file. I double clicked on this file on my new PC and it said it
> > was
> > importing the addresses to my Contacts in Outlook 2007 - but they're not
> > there - just an administrator entry has turned up. I've tried this twice
> > and
> > shutting down/reopening Outlook but no joy. Any suggestions gratefully
> > received. Thanks, chrissyd.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

      21st May 2009
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Outlook-specific newsgroups include:
>> microsoft.public.outlook.bcm

> and microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.developers
>
>> microsoft.public.outlook.configuration

> Odd. The Microsoft server doesn't seem to carry this.

Thanks, I'll update my CR accordingly, Brian.
--
~Robear