Re: hp vista 64 recovery error 1002

RalfG

      13th Apr 2009

"deck60" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> i had a problem and used the reinstall disks and it went all the way
> through and on disk 3 it came up with error 1002 contact hp if this
> problem continues if i take out the dvd and let it boot it has a boot
> error i think it wiped my hd clean but not sure if i try the boot on
> the hd using the recovery then it brings this error imedatley upon
> week and it seems to be dead should i take it back or what I am
> begining to hate vista
>

> --
> deck60

Did you try using the recovery partition that is on the hard drive? Beyond
that, don't waste any more of your time trying to fix a computer that is
still under warranty. Take it back for exchange at the place you bought it
or contact HP support.

Chad Harris

      14th Apr 2009
RalfG--

Since several teams worked to create repair methods that the OP has
available from within Vista or can download from the link below that are
infinitely better than the crap repair partition and the crap recovery disc
OEM providers like HP have. The OP already used the crappy HP recovery
disc, and as always they struck oput. I'm intrigued by your logic that HP's
recovery methods are superior to Microsoft's teams recovery methods,
particularly when they are made by people paid serveral times as much as the
HP drones with several times the computer science engineering training. You
care to elaborate on the surrealistic logic of your admonition not to waste
time on them?

We get posts on the time on this group that people have tried OEM Recovery
discs and OEM recovery partitions and they have gone nowhere with them.
That's why they're here. Telling them not to waste time with Microsoft's
far superior repair modalities is like a doctor telling a sick patient not
to waste time with medical modalities and go back to their mother for help.
Why would you do that? Why would you ignore the obvious advantage of a
Microsoft disc with Startup Repair on it or the options Microsoft has
provided in Vista and Windows 7 and the F8 Win Advanced Options Menu? I'm
intrigued why you think what Microsoft's engineers have made to fix the OS
is a waste of time but the completely piece of crap OEM recovery discs and
partitions are the way to go.

You have your priorities reversed. Microsoft mades the best code/bits to
fix a Windows OS, and that's precisely why Microsoft has chosen to put these
modalities right INTO VISTA. You've come here to give the advise to ignore
them. That's consumately ignorant.

1) Windows Advanced Options Menu to fix just this situation
2) A startup repair disc available *in the Vista Operating System made by
Microsoft* for just this purpose to allow the use of 3 major modalities
a) Startup Repair
b) Bootrec and other commands at the command prompt that work very well in
fixing situations like these
c) System Restore from the Repair Disc that Microsoft allows users to make
from the Vista OS

This is a screenshot of the two ways to do this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadharris16

Windows Vista Recovery Disc from Microsoft included in Vista SP1 and later
(Vista Startup Repair .iso Download)
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

Best,

CH

"RalfG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "deck60" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> i had a problem and used the reinstall disks and it went all the way
>> through and on disk 3 it came up with error 1002 contact hp if this
>> problem continues if i take out the dvd and let it boot it has a boot
>> error i think it wiped my hd clean but not sure if i try the boot on
>> the hd using the recovery then it brings this error imedatley upon
>> week and it seems to be dead should i take it back or what I am
>> begining to hate vista
>>

>> --
>> deck60

> Did you try using the recovery partition that is on the hard drive? Beyond
> that, don't waste any more of your time trying to fix a computer that is
> still under warranty. Take it back for exchange at the place you bought it
> or contact HP support.

Chad Harris

      14th Apr 2009
RalfG--

Even if the OEM partition or piece of crap recovery disc were successful, it
would lose all of the OP's settings, documents, pics, music, and things of
value to the OP. It would restore to factory settings.

In contrast the Microsoft tools that they chose to put into Vista SP1, Vista
SP2, and now Windows 7 give them several options to fix the OS and bring it
back to the way they had it restoring all their docs, settings, music, pics,
movies, etc.

Why would you urge them to go for an OEM partition or recovery disc that
would destroy all of these in the rare event it works?

Is your logic that losing all of the above is a good thing for the original
poster? Is your logic that a few minutes to get them all back is "a waste
of time.?"

I'm really looking forward to seeing you elaborate as to how what an HP
recovery partition or OEM recovery disc does is superior to what the
Microsoft Win RE team created for fixing the Windows OS. I thought it was
Microsoft that made the Windows OS and Microsoft that has the concentration
of expertise on fixing it. That seems to be why MSFT put the ability to fix
it into all operating system builds/and versions they made after Vista SP1
through Win 7 RTM.

This is the ability to access Microsoft's tools built right into Windows
Vista SP1.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadharris16

I'm looking forward to hearing your logic that using Startup Repair, the
bootreec commands, or System Restore from Startup Repair, or the 4 options
at the Windows Advanced Options Menu accessed by tapping the F8 key are a
complete waste of time. This should be entertaining.

I'm also looking forward to hearing the logic as to why you want the OP to
loose their settings, documents, files, folders, pics, music ripped and
downloaded, that may have taken them years to accumulate.

Although we all encourage everyone to backup, many of them haven't backed
up. Additionally many of the backup modalities aren't working for these
people and they post just that daily here.