Re: I have about 1500-2000 bucks to spend on a new computer

Flasherly

      7th Apr 2011
On Apr 6, 8:44 pm, Metspitzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My main reason for upgrading is to have around a 24" HD monitor to
> play 1080p files. My nephew wants my old computer. This will be the
> first time ever that I have no spare parts I want to use.
>
> Take something off the shelf seems like a good way to go.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on how to spend the cash?

I found a "pro-grade" 37" NEC marked down from $2000 to $500 years
ago. The dedicated computer I "had" to build for that plays video
fine for $3-400. Single core Intel, nothing fancy. Did spend another
$500 on some select pro-audio stereo with optional bridged mono
selectivity. Worrisome and could need to cut some bedrails for
touching up with a Lincoln to bolster a couple shelves holding two
amps, a mixer, 2 sound processors, computer, and two nearfield
monitors for the remote control, on the coffee table in front, that
brings half the audio gear up on that computer up with one key press.
Slick and tricky like. Or, I'll could just offer $800 to the first
somebody that puts some bedrails out on the curbside. Figure that
would stop what's really buggin' me now, industry grade Shure mics
that only top out at $125.