Re: What happened to the Microsoft Universal Printer Driver Library (UNIDRV.DLL)?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

      30th May 2006
in the ntprint inf repository

C:\>dir unidrv*.dll /s
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 5CB9-0364

Directory of
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ntprint.inf_909750a4\I386

05/23/2006 09:38 PM 370,176 UNIDRV.DLL
05/23/2006 09:38 PM 499,712 UNIDRVUI.DLL
2 File(s) 869,888 bytes

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Zack Whittaker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hmm... can't answer that, but maybe it's just a lost DLL? Try downloading it
from here:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...s.shtml?unidrv

--
Zack Whittaker
» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk

--: Original message follows :--
"Gabriel Lozano-Morán" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
does anyone have any idea what happened to the Microsoft Universal Printer
Driver Library? I am trying to install SnagIt v8.0.1 on my Windows Vista
Beta 2 system but I get the following dialog box:

But I could not find this file anywhere except off course on the internet
and propably also on the installation media of previous Windows platforms.
Has this printer driver library finally been replaced with a managed
library? Did anybody read anything about that?

Gabriel Lozano-Morán
The .NET Aficionado
http://www.pointerx.net

Alan Morris [MSFT]

      31st May 2006
No clue what Snagit it.

If the application is installing a printer that is looking for ntprint.inf
in the needs and includes section of it's inf, first point to ntprint.inf
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ntprint.inf_909750a4\ntprint.inf

then when it needs unidrv.dll point to

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ntprint.inf_909750a4\i386

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Gabriel Lozano-Morán" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:elYjG%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alan
>
> That's what I did also but I could not find the UNIDRV.DLL file and also
> in the dialog box the path is not complete but it was looking for the file
> in the ntprint.inf repository.
>
> I have absolutely no idea on what went wrong here. Fresh installation of
> Windows Vista Beta 2 + Office System 2007 Beta 2 and next what I installed
> was SnagIt.
>
> Cheers
>
> Gabriel Lozano-Morán
> The .NET Aficionado
> http://www.pointerx.net
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> in the ntprint inf repository
>>

>> C:\>dir unidrv*.dll /s
>> Volume in drive C has no label.
>> Volume Serial Number is 5CB9-0364
>>
>> Directory of
>> C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ntprint.inf_909750a4\I386
>>
>> 05/23/2006 09:38 PM 370,176 UNIDRV.DLL
>> 05/23/2006 09:38 PM 499,712 UNIDRVUI.DLL
>> 2 File(s) 869,888 bytes
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "Zack Whittaker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hmm... can't answer that, but maybe it's just a lost DLL? Try downloading
>> it from here:
>> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...s.shtml?unidrv
>>
>> --
>> Zack Whittaker
>> » ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
>> » MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
>> » Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
>> » This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and
>> not
>> of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
>> that up!
>>
>> --: Original message follows :--
>> "Gabriel Lozano-Morán" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> does anyone have any idea what happened to the Microsoft Universal
>> Printer Driver Library? I am trying to install SnagIt v8.0.1 on my
>> Windows Vista Beta 2 system but I get the following dialog box:
>>

>> But I could not find this file anywhere except off course on the
>> internet and propably also on the installation media of previous Windows
>> platforms. Has this printer driver library finally been replaced with a
>> managed library? Did anybody read anything about that?
>>
>> Gabriel Lozano-Morán
>> The .NET Aficionado
>> http://www.pointerx.net

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Gabriel_Lozano-Mor=E1n?=

      1st Jun 2006
Alan

That's what I did also but I could not find the UNIDRV.DLL file and also in
the dialog box the path is not complete but it was looking for the file in
the ntprint.inf repository.