RE: Getting back into a database

Damon

      26th Nov 2009
Daniel, We were originally using Lotus for out email and ISO DB system.
Couple years ago we switched over to Outlook for email. I need to find a
software that works with outlook that can be used for our ISO system. What
do you use? Thanks. Damon

"Daniel" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Let just say (figuritively of course) a company use a db to track all of
> there quality issues for ISO compliance. Let say the only person that uses
> the db (and of course the only person with the password) has a critical
> accident. Is there any way of getting into the db? How much up a creak am I
> in this situation? Any ideas or work arounds?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Daniel

Gina Whipp

      26th Nov 2009
Daniel,

You mean no one has the password? I work with a company and use a database
to which passwords are used but ALL passwords are stored with the ISO
Management Representative because of situations like this.

Have you tried holding down the Shift Key while opening the database? OR
was Access secuirty applied?

--
Gina Whipp

II

"Damon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Daniel, We were originally using Lotus for out email and ISO DB system.
> Couple years ago we switched over to Outlook for email. I need to find a
> software that works with outlook that can be used for our ISO system.
> What
> do you use? Thanks. Damon
>

> "Daniel" wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Let just say (figuritively of course) a company use a db to track all of
>> there quality issues for ISO compliance. Let say the only person that
>> uses
>> the db (and of course the only person with the password) has a critical
>> accident. Is there any way of getting into the db? How much up a creak
>> am I
>> in this situation? Any ideas or work arounds?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Daniel

Gina Whipp

      26th Nov 2009
Damon,

When you ISO system, you need to say what you are trying to track. I use an
Access database to track Nonconformances and improvement projects, etc...
If that is what you are trying to track then Access will work.

--
Gina Whipp

II

"Damon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Daniel, We were originally using Lotus for out email and ISO DB system.
> Couple years ago we switched over to Outlook for email. I need to find a
> software that works with outlook that can be used for our ISO system.
> What
> do you use? Thanks. Damon
>

> "Daniel" wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Let just say (figuritively of course) a company use a db to track all of
>> there quality issues for ISO compliance. Let say the only person that
>> uses
>> the db (and of course the only person with the password) has a critical
>> accident. Is there any way of getting into the db? How much up a creak
>> am I
>> in this situation? Any ideas or work arounds?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Daniel

Tony Toews [MVP]

      27th Nov 2009
Damon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Daniel, We were originally using Lotus for out email and ISO DB system.
>Couple years ago we switched over to Outlook for email. I need to find a
>software that works with outlook that can be used for our ISO system.

See the Outlook specific links at the Access Email FAQ at my website.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/outlook.htm

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files