Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ?

V Green

      5th Feb 2008

"pg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My old HD crashes, so I had to do a total re-install.
>
> After installer XP, I went to the Micrsoft Update site to get all the
> update.
>
> After 5 hours or so ... the update cycle started looping.
>
> You see, it wanted to install the Dot Net Framework for me, so okay, I
> let the Update site do the download the installation.
>
> After the download, and installation, it tells me that the some of
> installation for the Dot Net Framework had failed. So I had to reboot,
> and then went back to the Update Site for another round of download
> and install.
>
> The same thing happen. Some part of the installation failed.
>
> Then reboot. Back to the Update site again. Download, install. Install
> failed.
>
> And on. And on. And on. An endless loop.
>
> Now 5 MORE hours later, I'm tired. Really tired.
>
> Can anyone please tell me where to download the Dot Net Framework plus
> the PATCHES (SP1 for version 2.0 and SP1 for version 3.0), all in
> Stand-Alone packages ?
>
> That way, I can download them, and then try to install them offline,
> one-by-one. And don't need to go back to that stupid Update site to
> get stuck on that enless reboot-download-install-installation fail
> cycle again.
>
> Please help !
>
> Thank you !

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/S...displaylang=en

Scroll down to the "Recommended Downloads"

Click the .NET framework link.

All the redist packages are on the resulting page.