Re: Gadgets calendar gone orange, no display

Gene E. Bloch

      30th Dec 2010
On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 07:47:20 -0000, Joe Bloggs wrote:

> Hi. I'm on Vista with all updates and suddenly my Gadgets calendar gone
> orange, with no date display
>
> How can I get the display back please?
>
> Thanks

In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the gadget
and reinstalling it from the new download.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

vista bill

      30th Dec 2010
Gene E. Bloch replied:

In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the
gadget
and reinstalling it from the new download.

That's how I got mine back when they malfunctioned.

Bill

vista bill

      30th Dec 2010
On Dec 30, 12:23*pm, "Joe Bloggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re installed,
> renamed settings folder to create new one, none of these worked!
>
> Thanks
>
> "vista bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Gene E. Bloch replied:

> > In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the
> > gadget
> > and reinstalling it from the new download.

> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*----------------------------------

> > That's how I got mine back when they malfunctioned.

> > Bill- Hide quoted text -

Frustrating, isn't it? Perhaps you could browse the thousands of
gadgets and find a suitable replacement. You want to be careful...
these are not gadgets that are part of Windows.

Bill

Nil

      30th Dec 2010
On 30 Dec 2010, "Joe Bloggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

> I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re
> installed, renamed settings folder to create new one, none of
> these worked!

Try going into the Calendar Gadget's options and play with it's
transparency settings. Sometimes just touching or changing them can get
things back on track.

Try the same with your system color schemes and video resolution
settings. Just change them to something different, confirm, then change
them back.

Walter C.

      31st Dec 2010
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:23:55 -0000, Joe Bloggs wrote:

> I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re installed,
> renamed settings folder to create new one, none of these worked!

Double-click on the calendar display to toggle between Orange and Normal
displays.

--
Walter C.

webster72n

      31st Dec 2010
Joe, are you using the 'Windows Sidebar'?
If so, go to Control Panel and select >Windows Sidebar Properties<
There you can make your choice and then reinstate your gadgets
with all the hooplaah.
The reason I am suggesting this is, that I had a similar problem as yours
after downloading some updates and solved it in the fashion described by me.
Hopefully it will help you too.
Best of luck.

Harry.

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re installed,
renamed settings folder to create new one, none of these worked!

Thanks

"vista bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gene E. Bloch replied:
>
> In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the
> gadget
> and reinstalling it from the new download.

> That's how I got mine back when they malfunctioned.
>
> Bill

webster72n

      1st Jan 2011

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Yes, using Windows sidebar, the calendar still bright orange, have tried
everyone's suggestion on here so far and nothing has made any difference!

Sorry to read that, but have you tried SR to a point before your
problem started, as someone else suggested?
Something doesn't add up here.
There definitely is a way to fix this, just keep trying.
And don't forget to let us know when you have found one.

Harry.

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated

"webster72n" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ifjlvv$up1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joe, are you using the 'Windows Sidebar'?
> If so, go to Control Panel and select >Windows Sidebar Properties<
> There you can make your choice and then reinstate your gadgets
> with all the hooplaah.
> The reason I am suggesting this is, that I had a similar problem as yours
> after downloading some updates and solved it in the fashion described by
> me. Hopefully it will help you too.
> Best of luck.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re
> installed,
> renamed settings folder to create new one, none of these worked!
>
> Thanks
>
> "vista bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Gene E. Bloch replied:
>>
>> In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the
>> gadget
>> and reinstalling it from the new download.
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> That's how I got mine back when they malfunctioned.
>>
>> Bill

webster72n

      3rd Jan 2011

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Thanks, I'm not that good with PC's and had a load of hassle with this and
got things running quite well now, so don't want to risk a SR and causing
more problems
So thanks, will just live without the calendar gadget!
All ideas much appreciated!

You can always download the Google sidebar.
I have it as a standby, ready to go at anytime.
And is it just the calendar gadget given you trouble?
If so, you shouldn't have any trouble solving it.

"webster72n" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ifm90n$lta$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Yes, using Windows sidebar, the calendar still bright orange, have tried
> everyone's suggestion on here so far and nothing has made any difference!
>
> Sorry to read that, but have you tried SR to a point before your
> problem started, as someone else suggested?
> Something doesn't add up here.
> There definitely is a way to fix this, just keep trying.
> And don't forget to let us know when you have found one.
>
> Harry.
>

> Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated
>
> "webster72n" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ifjlvv$up1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Joe, are you using the 'Windows Sidebar'?
>> If so, go to Control Panel and select >Windows Sidebar Properties<
>> There you can make your choice and then reinstate your gadgets
>> with all the hooplaah.
>> The reason I am suggesting this is, that I had a similar problem as yours
>> after downloading some updates and solved it in the fashion described by
>> me. Hopefully it will help you too.
>> Best of luck.
>>
>> Harry.
>>

>> "Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re
>> installed,
>> renamed settings folder to create new one, none of these worked!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "vista bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Gene E. Bloch replied:
>>>
>>> In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the
>>> gadget
>>> and reinstalling it from the new download.
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> That's how I got mine back when they malfunctioned.
>>>
>>> Bill

Shobhit Singh

      24th Mar 2011
1. Delete the calendar gadget from the sidebar.
1. Open a command prompt with administrative rights.
2. Type "regsvr32 vbscript" without the quotes.
3. You should get a confirmation message that it succeeded.
4. Add the calendar gadget to the sidebar and it should be working.

Hope this can be useful for someone!