Re: Frequent Loss of Internet, Wired + Wireless

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

      14th Jan 2010
This is not easy case. Let' try these steps:

1. When you loss the Internet connection, run ipconfig /all and make sure
the IP is not 169.254.x.x.
2. Ping the default gateway.
3. If you can ping the default gateway, ping 4.2.2.1.
4. If you can ping 4.2.2.1, ping a web site, for example ping
chicagotech.net.

post back with the result and ipconfig /all result.

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

news:(E-Mail Removed)...