Re: Form won't show last record

John Vinson

      5th Sep 2003
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:26:14 -0700, "Michael Bentfeld"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>However, when
>someone opens the form and clicks on the "last record"
>button, the last number that shows up is "P997", when
>there highest number is actually "P1005".

The text string "P997" is alphabetically larger than the text string
"P1005". It is NOT A NUMBER, it's a text string; "P1005" will sort
somewhere between "P100" and "P101".

A couple of possibilities:

- Run an Update query updating RETURN# to add the 0:

UPDATE tablename
SET [RETURN#] = "P0" & Right([RETURN#], 3)
WHERE Len([RETURN#]) = 4;

- Base your Form on a query sorting by Return# (tables have no order,
if you base the form on the table directly you'll have no control over
which record is first or last)

- Remove the P with an update query and convert the field to Number,
Long Integer; format it for display purposes with a Format like

"P0000"

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

« Trim Function | Re: »