Re: Was fine, now keeps crashing

John Inzer

      9th Jan 2010
NRJ2000 wrote:
> I've been using my MovieMaker for a few months now and it's been fine.
> All of a sudden tonight it started crashing in the middle of a
> project. As soon as I make one more action in the project, whatever
> it is, it crashes. HELP!

=====================================
Just some thoughts...

Large / complex projects can cause issues.

Maybe you are using some source files that
are not fully compatible with Movie Maker.

Also try going to Tools / Options / Compatibility
tab and uncheck all the filters.

Many formats are reportedly compatible with
Movie Maker but the most reliable choices are:

Photos - bmp
Video - wmv or dv-avi
Music - wma, wav, wmv

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

      10th Jan 2010
NRJ2000 wrote:
> You were right! I had accidentally started using mpeg files instead of
> using my converted avi's.
>
> Thanks!

=======================
You're welcome.