Re: File copy error "Destination Folder is a Subfolder of the Source Folder

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

      14th Apr 2004
No it is not.

First, make sure CD writing is turned on for your burner. Open Windows
Explorer, select your CD burner, right click. select properties, go to the
Recording tab and make sure "Enable CD recording on this drive," is
selected, if not, select it, click apply and ok.
Second, this is a CD-RW drive is it not?
Third, was the CD formatted? If yes, the CD was setup for packet writing,
something XP does not support natively. XP does not write files directly to
the CD, it first sends files to a temporary area in preparation for this
process.
Fourth, did you have CD burning software installed on your previous setup
before installing XP. If yes, older CD burning software is not compatible
with XP and if it was not removed, it might be interfering with the
function.
Fifth, make absolutely sure the source and destination are different.
--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

news:(E-Mail Removed)...