Re: How to: Extract Default Vista Fonts

Malke

      19th Feb 2009
dannymichel wrote:

> I installed some fonts that messed up photoshop x64 so i had to just go
> in there and delete on my fonts cause there was no way of figuring out
> which ones they were. it didnt let me delete the fonts needed to run
> windows but when i checked back i was missing some fonts that i know
> vista installs by default such as lucida sans unicode. its just not
> there. now im trying to figure out a way to get it back. i did sfc
> /scannow to no avail. is there a way for me to get my default vista
> fonts back. i really really dont want to do a system restore.

Here's an unofficial but useful list of fonts in Vista - http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archiv...6/1607855.aspx

I don't see Lucida Sans Unicode listed. I suspect the fonts you are missing didn't come with Vista but with some other program, possibly Photoshop or MS Office if you have it. Since Lucida Sans Unicode is made by Adobe and isn't free, maybe you can get it by reinstalling Photoshop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!