Re: exe file that *reliably* swaps Caps-Lock & Ctrl

Fred Ma

      4th May 2005
Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
> "Fred Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>The web is teeming with *.reg files and instructions for hacking the
>>registry to do [swap functionality of ctrl & capslock keys]....they
>>all seem to fail when using ctrl-drag or shift-ctrl-drag on some
>>applications, including the latter in creating a link to a file in
>>windows explorer....there was only one program that...worked
>>properly in the ctrl-drag and shift-ctrl-drag operations

> Here are a few that work:
> remapkey.exe (Win2000 Resource Kit)
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/ctrl2cap.shtml
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx

Thanks, Pegasus. Ctrl2cap was the one. I've emailed Mark to see if
he would mind me hosting it.

Fred

Posted to: alt.os.windows2000
:
and separately to: microsoft.public.win2000.registry
microsoft.public.win2000.general
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize