Re: Error 0X000003eb during driver installation

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      22nd Jul 2009
OK, so bear with me while I summize what you've done...

You went to Add a Printer, Add a Network Printer, and having given a static
IP address to the Xerox, you let the Vista PC 'find' the printer? And then
it should just install the previously 'installed' drivers.

Yes....... or you did something different?

I have a Xerox 1650N on my network and everything works just perfectly... on
XP, Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7.

If you're using a different method of installtion, please give further
details of exactly what you've done.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"geogaddi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello,
>
> I've had a Xerox 6300DN PS color laser printer on a local network for
> the past 2 or 3 years, with no problems. My older XP Professional
> desktop crashed recently, and I replaced it with a box running Vista
> Ultimate 64bit SP2. Although the printer continues to work for other
> machines, I can't seem to get a printer driver to install correctly on
> the new Vista box.
>
> The error message is
>
> "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> 0X000003eb)"
>
> After searching these forums for help, and other places, I can verify
> that:
>
> 1. I'm logged in as Admin
> 2. The printer spooler service is started, along with its dependencies
> 3. During the Xerox "web-based" auto driver installer, TCP/IP ports
> with the printer IP address were created successfully
> 4. During manual installation of the driver, Vista recognizes that a
> version of the driver has been installed previously, but there is no
> physical device registered in the Device Manager
>
> As an aside, Xerox customer support maintains that because the error
> message is a Vista error message, that this is a Vista problem, and not
> a Xerox problem. Their words, not mine.
>
> With thankful regards in advance,
>
> -geo
>

> --
> geogaddi

Alan Morris [MSFT]

      23rd Jul 2009
this is the error

E:\>winerror 0X000003eb
1003 ERROR_CAN_NOT_COMPLETE

does the Standard TCP/IP Port get created using the network IP for the
device?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team