Re: Enabling Macros message when NO macros in workbook

Stan Brown

      5th Aug 2012
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:20:59 -0500, Jack Deuce wrote:

> In order to fix a problem in 117 worksheets I created a macro to
> basically FORMAT, PROTECTION, check Locked, and check Hidden, then
> CTL-PGEDOWN to advance to the next worksheet. After formatting all
> the sheets, I deleted the macro, TOOLS, MACRO, MACROS and delete.

You deleted the macro, but you didn't delete the module that contains
it. Excel apparently is not smart enough to distinguish the empty
module.

Open your workbook and press Alt-F11 to bring up the Visual Basic
editor. In the explorer-style list at the top left, find your
workbook name. Double-click to expand it, if necessary. Double-
click on the module to see the code and make sure you haven't
forgotten about any other macro. The right-click the module and
delete it. Close VB Editor and then in Excel save the workbook.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...