Re: How do I turn Data Execution Prevention off?

FromTheRafters

      11th Mar 2009
Try safe mode.

....and DEP is probably not the problem.

Have you installed any software recently? May be a corrupted driver or
something similar causing problems? Vista compatibility issues?

Post to get help with your problem rather than trying to get help
catching 'red herrings' or 'wild geese'.

Describe your problem and include relevant information such as what
recently changed that may or may not have caused this problem.

"stikiller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> *How do I turn Data Execution Prevention off?*
> people keep telling me how to turn it off for a specific program. i
> dont need that. here's the problem: when i turn my computer on all
> thats
> on my desktop is the background. no start menu, no tool bar at all for
> that matter, no icons, nothing but the background. a box pops up that
> says that the "data execution program" is on. i close the box and
> nothing happens. still nothing on the desktop but the background. how
> a fix this when i cant even get into the control panel or anything
> because its not there!!!!???
>

> --
> stikiller

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

      12th Mar 2009
Hello
I agree disabling DEP is probably not the best solution.
Your system is much less secure with this disabled.
I would suggest running msconfig and disabling all the startup items as a
beginning.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]