RE: hOW DO i SUBTRACT COLUMNS IN EXCEL?

=?Utf-8?B?VG9wcGVycw==?=

      26th Mar 2006
To subtract B1 from A1 with result in C1

in C1 put

=A1-B1 (= sign is required as this tells Excel it is a formula)

To repeat this for B2 form A2 etc, copy the formula into C2.

To copy a formula down i.e. to many cells, click on C2, hold cursor over
bottom right hand of cell (black square) until cross appears, hold left mouse
button and drag cursor down as far as required.

HTH