Re: How do I reduce files size of JPG in bulk

John Inzer

      17th Jul 2003
I guess you're running WinXP or you wouldn't be here...right?

OK, go to the following link and download and install:
ImageResizer.exe

http://tinyurl.com/36n

Then you can open any folder that contains images
and you will have an option to resize. Just right click
the selected image files and choose Resize Pictures.
You can select one image or a whole group.

The program will place the resized copies in the folder
with your originals.

BTW...when resizing if you go to...Advanced Button /
Custom...and enter 640 in each field...that will be a good
size for e-mail purposes.

--

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP

"Glenn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:054701c34c17$af962f80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have about 300 pictures from our vacation this summer,
> and I took them with the largest resolution and the best
> quality. Needless to say, the pictures are great, but
> they're also about 1.5MB - not suitable for email.
>
> I have been able to use MS Photo Editor to Save As... a
> JPG with reduced quality (25 brings them down to about
> 200KB) on an individual file. I don't want to Save As...
> for 300 pictures.
>
> Does anyone know if photoed.exe takes command line
> options that I could create a batch file to generate the
> new pictures automatically ?
>
> Or does anyone know of another tool (DOS, Windows, UNIX)
> that would do what I want ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Glenn

Jake

      17th Jul 2003

program is concerned, but I don't agree on a 640(KB) for
a "good" size for emailing. A high resolution photo
should be resized to 300 to 400KB for emailing,
especially in JPG or JPeG format. It is faster and can
be expanded with little loss of resolution or Aspect
Ratio, if necessary.

John Inzer

      17th Jul 2003
Jake wrote:
> >John, you gave the right info as far as the ImageResizer

> program is concerned, but I don't agree on a 640(KB) for
> a "good" size for emailing. A high resolution photo
> should be resized to 300 to 400KB for emailing,
> especially in JPG or JPeG format. It is faster and can
> be expanded with little loss of resolution or Aspect
> Ratio, if necessary.

===================================
Who cares what you agree with???

I didn't say 640KB...what I said was "enter
640 in each field"...which will result in an image
with the correct aspect ratio and the longest
side will not be over 640 pixels. Apparently
you've never used the ImageResizer and have
no idea how it works.

--

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP