PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Re: I DO NOT accept the agreement

 
 
Ken Blake, MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Feb 2011
On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:48:16 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I downloaded some software and started the installer. It brought up
> the thing called "License Agreement". I am given the choice to select
>
> I accept the agreement
> I DO NOT accept the agreement
>
>
> After reading it, *** I DO NOT accept the agreement ***
> I clicked on that selection and it refuses to allow me to click on the
> "NEXT" icon.



Of course. You have only two choices:

1. Accept the agreement and install the program.

2. Don't accept the agreement, and therefore not be permitted to
install the program.


--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ray
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Feb 2011
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:18:01 -0700, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:48:16 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I downloaded some software and started the installer. It brought up
>> the thing called "License Agreement". I am given the choice to select
>>
>> I accept the agreement
>> I DO NOT accept the agreement
>>
>>
>> After reading it, *** I DO NOT accept the agreement *** I clicked on
>> that selection and it refuses to allow me to click on the "NEXT" icon.

>
>
> Of course. You have only two choices:
>
> 1. Accept the agreement and install the program.
>
> 2. Don't accept the agreement, and therefore not be permitted to install
> the program.


I believe what he's trying to say is that he does not want to accept the
agreement and cannot get the install program to quit.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Feb 2011
On 28 Feb 2011, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

> I believe what he's trying to say is that he does not want to
> accept the agreement and cannot get the install program to quit.


It's an obvious troll. He doesn't say what the program is, and I don't
believe he found one that doesn't allow you to cancel the install. He's
making it up. Not to mention that any sane person could kill the
install with Task Manager or reboot.

 
Reply With Quote
 
VanguardLH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      1st Mar 2011
ray wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:18:01 -0700, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:48:16 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded some software and started the installer. It brought up
>>> the thing called "License Agreement". I am given the choice to select
>>>
>>> I accept the agreement
>>> I DO NOT accept the agreement
>>>
>>> After reading it, *** I DO NOT accept the agreement *** I clicked on
>>> that selection and it refuses to allow me to click on the "NEXT" icon.

>>
>> Of course. You have only two choices:
>>
>> 1. Accept the agreement and install the program.
>>
>> 2. Don't accept the agreement, and therefore not be permitted to install
>> the program.

>
> I believe what he's trying to say is that he does not want to accept the
> agreement and cannot get the install program to quit.


More like PO_box is a troll in training. He claims he hasn't rebooted
his computer in a couple of months. He claims to have no knowledge of
Task Manager and how to use it to kill processes. He claims the
installer doesn't provide a Cancel, X titlebar button, or other means of
aborting the installation. He never identifies the "software". He uses
a legitimate domain that was registered over 12 years ago. Uh huh,
s-u-r-e. We're supposed to believe this installer's window has been
onscreen for several months and this guy couldn't figure out how to get
rid of it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: I DO NOT accept the agreement VanguardLH Windows Vista General Discussion 0 28th Feb 2011 12:59 PM
Re: I DO NOT accept the agreement Nil Windows Vista General Discussion 0 28th Feb 2011 07:37 AM
License agreement Accept button is disabled Gabriel Windows XP Security 2 14th Nov 2003 04:05 PM
Can't accept License Agreement Rich L. Windows XP Security 1 17th Aug 2003 03:14 PM
windows updates: No box to click to accept licensing agreement Lincoln Windows XP Security 1 16th Aug 2003 07:06 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:24 AM.