Re: How do I get Windows XP to automatically display, in every file list window, a detail view sorted alphabetically?

ju.c

      6th Feb 2009
Open Explorer then select "Folder Options". Open the "View" tab and click the
"Reset All Folders" button then close the "Folder Options" window. Now adjust
your window settings and just exit Explorer. Holding Ctrl then clicking the close
button doesn't work for that.

Some related software:

Use this VBScript to set your folder views:

Folder View Master by MS-MVP Keith Miller (no homepage anymore)
http://home.mchsi.com/~k.miller79/Scripts/FVM3.zip or
http://members.home.nl/alsdewiedewee.../FVM3/FVM3.rar

Just follow its directions. If you want to master folder views too, just ask.

Related:

FileOpenPatcher from ElmuSoft enlarges the Windows Open File dialog
and sets Details view as default.

FileOpenPatcher is the successor of the famous MultiEnhancer.
FileOpenPatcher (Scroll down page)
Info: http://www.netcult.ch/elmue/ElmueSoft-en.htm
Download Link 1: ftp://ftp.netcult.ch/mirror/elmue/FileOpenPatcher.zip
Download Link 2: http://electronix.ch/ptbsync/FileOpenPatcher.zip

ju.c