Re: How do i backup my files if my USB ports won't work

Richard Urban

      4th Oct 2009
"djlewi07" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello. I am having serious issues with my laptop. A couple of months ago
> (around April) the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely
> crashed and my father replaced it for me. But I'm having serious issues
> again:
> -I can't burn c.d.s and I can't watch dvds
> -I can't turn on my webcam
> -The USB ports have completely stopped working.
>
> I would like to backup my data before I get a new computer. I bought an
> external hard drive to take a picture of a computer as it is now, but,
> of course, it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. I
> don't know what to do. Is there another way to save all my data without
> using the usb ports of the cd drive?
>

> --
> djlewi07
> djlewi07's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141106.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1254527.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Take the drive out of the laptop and install it in an external enclosure.
Then connect it up to a well functioning computer so you can get at your
files.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

philo

      4th Oct 2009
Richard Urban wrote:
> "djlewi07" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hello. I am having serious issues with my laptop. A couple of months ago
>> (around April) the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely
>> crashed and my father replaced it for me. But I'm having serious issues
>> again:
>> -I can't burn c.d.s and I can't watch dvds
>> -I can't turn on my webcam
>> -The USB ports have completely stopped working.
>>
>> I would like to backup my data before I get a new computer. I bought an
>> external hard drive to take a picture of a computer as it is now, but,
>> of course, it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. I
>> don't know what to do. Is there another way to save all my data without
>> using the usb ports of the cd drive?
>>

>> --
>> djlewi07
>> djlewi07's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141106.htm
>> View this thread:
>> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1254527.htm
>>
>> http://forums.techarena.in
>>

> Take the drive out of the laptop and install it in an external
> enclosure. Then connect it up to a well functioning computer so you can
> get at your files.

Good advice.

You will probably need an adapter for your laptop harddrive

but they are only a few dollars