Re: DnsDiag.Exe tool help!

Simon Geary

      30th Jun 2003
Do you have the IIS SMTP service installed? Dnsdiag needs this.

"DS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am running Windows 2003 Standard Edition with AD, DNS, IIS, and SQL
> systems in the same box. I ran the "DnsDiag.Exe" and I got this error

bwlow:

> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Popup
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 26
> Date: 6/28/2003
> Time: 9:00:40 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: Z028

> Application popup: dnsdiag.exe - Unable To Locate Component:
> This application has failed to start because ISATQ.dll was
> not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

> I tried to to run it on my XP Pro. machine and I got the same error as
> stated above. My IIS running OK. Its ISATQ.Dll is looking fine in its own
> Inetpub folder. I cannot reinstall IIS to get ISATQ.Dll because it is
> working properly.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Dan

DS

      1st Jul 2003
Yes I do but the service was disabled. I enabled it and still no go. Thanks
for your response.

Dan

"Simon Geary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have the IIS SMTP service installed? Dnsdiag needs this.
>
> "DS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am running Windows 2003 Standard Edition with AD, DNS, IIS, and SQL
> > systems in the same box. I ran the "DnsDiag.Exe" and I got this error

> bwlow:
> >
> > *******************************************************
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: Application Popup
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 26
> > Date: 6/28/2003
> > Time: 9:00:40 AM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: Z028

> > Application popup: dnsdiag.exe - Unable To Locate Component:
> > This application has failed to start because ISATQ.dll was
> > not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
> >
> > *******************************************************
> >
> > I tried to to run it on my XP Pro. machine and I got the same error as
> > stated above. My IIS running OK. Its ISATQ.Dll is looking fine in its

own
> > Inetpub folder. I cannot reinstall IIS to get ISATQ.Dll because it is
> > working properly.
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >
> > Dan

New Member

      2nd Jul 2006
Just copy the dnsdiag.exe to the same directory "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv" and run it from there, or you can make sure that the path is defined in your sysedit....

Faster to add the file to the same directory.

New Member

      8th Dec 2006
Tools such as DNSDiag require multiple system dlls.

The fastest/best way to install all the required files is to go to "Add Remove Programs", select "Add Windows Components", and then drill down into "Application Server\Internet Information Serivces (IIS)" and install the "Common Files" option.

Then add C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv to your %Path% variable.

New Member

      30th Jun 2011
I have a DC Windows 2003 without IIS and I didnīt need to install it and only need to copy two dlls: iisrtl.dll & isatq.dll in the same folder of dnsdiag.exe.