Re Defender update??

=?Utf-8?B?YWxpc3RhaXI=?=

      1st Mar 2006
This am I went through my usual updating procedure; Anal I know .. But when
I came to updating "windows defender" it wont stop informing me with little
yellow badge I need to update, Ive repeated updating and Ive rebooted and
still its there... HELP PLEASE

Bill Sanderson

      2nd Mar 2006
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915105/en-us

Try the steps in this kb article to see if you can get the update installed
properly, so that the prompt will not recur.

--

"alistair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This am I went through my usual updating procedure; Anal I know .. But
> when
> I came to updating "windows defender" it wont stop informing me with
> little
> yellow badge I need to update, Ive repeated updating and Ive rebooted and
> still its there... HELP PLEASE

=?Utf-8?B?YWxpc3RhaXI=?=

      2nd Mar 2006
I finally managed to get it updated and cease with the constant updating I
found if you uninstall then use the windows install clean up to delete
windows defender signatures it will work fine. thanks Bill job well done

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> Try the steps in this kb article to see if you can get the update installed
> properly, so that the prompt will not recur.
>
> --
>
> "alistair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This am I went through my usual updating procedure; Anal I know .. But
> > when
> > I came to updating "windows defender" it wont stop informing me with
> > little
> > yellow badge I need to update, Ive repeated updating and Ive rebooted and
> > still its there... HELP PLEASE

Bill Sanderson

      3rd Mar 2006
Glad to hear it. Updating issues seem the bane of this program --in either
version.

--

"alistair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I finally managed to get it updated and cease with the constant updating I
> found if you uninstall then use the windows install clean up to delete
> windows defender signatures it will work fine. thanks Bill job well done
>
> "Bill Sanderson" wrote:

>> Try the steps in this kb article to see if you can get the update
>> installed
>> properly, so that the prompt will not recur.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "alistair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > This am I went through my usual updating procedure; Anal I know .. But
>> > when
>> > I came to updating "windows defender" it wont stop informing me with
>> > little
>> > yellow badge I need to update, Ive repeated updating and Ive rebooted
>> > and
>> > still its there... HELP PLEASE

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBUaG9ybnRvbg==?=

      7th Mar 2006
click Start, click Run, type Msiexec /x
{A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}, and then click OK.