RE: Defender update Problem

=?Utf-8?B?djgxMDg=?=

      1st Apr 2006

"Talib" wrote:

> When I try to update win defender beta 2, it says " windows defender was
> unable to complete the update. 0x80072f8f.

"v8108"
I have the same problem... I have Windows XP Professional and installed this
just last night, but Defender claims that the definition is not updated for
past 65 days. When selecting the "Check for UPdate' button, the above message
appears in the system tray.
Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?
Thanks in advance.

Tom Emmelot

      1st Apr 2006
Hello,

did you try:
start run regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 mssip32.dll

v8108 schreef:

> "Talib" wrote:
>

>>When I try to update win defender beta 2, it says " windows defender was
>>unable to complete the update. 0x80072f8f.

> "v8108"
> I have the same problem... I have Windows XP Professional and installed this
> just last night, but Defender claims that the definition is not updated for
> past 65 days. When selecting the "Check for UPdate' button, the above message
> appears in the system tray.
> Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?
> Thanks in advance.

Bill Sanderson MVP

      1st Apr 2006
If you go to Windows Update, do an express scan, are Defender updates
offered? Apply all offered critical updates.

--

news:(E-Mail Removed)...