Re: copying data from wordpad to excel

Dave Peterson

      4th Sep 2004
Any chance you're not in the USA?

There's a couple of settings under the Regional Settings Applet that tell
windows programs what character is the decimal character and what character is
the grouping character.

In win98, I can get to it via:
windows start button|settings|control panel|regional settings applet

On the number tab, verify/change these two settings.

==
As an asided, this same dialog is where you'd specify the list character, too.

In the USA, I use a comma. Other locations use a semi-colon. (Might be useful
later.)

--

Dave Peterson
(E-Mail Removed)