Re: Contact Folders Gone

Mark in WI

      28th Nov 2009
How do I do that?

Thanks again.

Mark

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> Contact Folders will only appear in the address book view when you enable
> them as email address books in their properties.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Mark in WI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I moved my .pst file from an XP SP3 machine with Office 2007 to a new
> >Windows
> > 7 machine with Office 2007. The address book 'Contacts' shows up but
> > there
> > are no file folders for the other address books. (This .pst is set as the
> > default with one other IMAP file present.) If I go to 'Tools/Address Book
> > .
> > . .' I can see the other address books in the drop down and there are
> > contacts in them when they are selected in the drop down.
> >
> > How do I set Outlook to display the address book folders?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any help!
> >
> > Mark

> .

Russ Valentine

      28th Nov 2009
R click each Folder > Properties > Outlook Address Book > Show this folder
as an email address book
--
Russ Valentine
"Mark in WI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I do that?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Mark
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> Contact Folders will only appear in the address book view when you enable
>> them as email address books in their properties.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Mark in WI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I moved my .pst file from an XP SP3 machine with Office 2007 to a new
>> >Windows
>> > 7 machine with Office 2007. The address book 'Contacts' shows up but
>> > there
>> > are no file folders for the other address books. (This .pst is set as
>> > the
>> > default with one other IMAP file present.) If I go to 'Tools/Address
>> > Book
>> > .
>> > . .' I can see the other address books in the drop down and there are
>> > contacts in them when they are selected in the drop down.
>> >
>> > How do I set Outlook to display the address book folders?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance for any help!
>> >
>> > Mark

>> .

New Member

      30th Nov 2009
I have read your response however I do not have any additional contact folders showiong in my outlook contact page to right click. I am running outlook 2007 and have multiple contact folders. The only folder that is shown is the default contact folder but not the additional contact folders that i have, i.e. "business", "friends", etc. I recently imported the pst file after doing a reformat and all works well except this. I know the additional contacts are there as I can do a search for a name and the name shows up in the search, however I can't see the folders in the outlopk page. Ihave tried everything to get thsese contact lists to show but no solution- can you help with this?