Re: Computer cant read CD-ROMS

Rock

      12th Dec 2006
"Dragon" wrote

> HELP!
>
> My cd-rom drive dosn't read CD-ROMS anymore. I think that the CD-ROM
> driver
> isd lost, And I cant rebuild my C: drive. Below is my PC information:
>
> OS: Windows 95 (Unknown Version)
> Manufacture: NEC Corperation
> CD-DRIVE LETTER: F:/
> Sound:None
> RAM: Unknown
> MEMORY: Unknown
>
> I know that there is not A driver on there. But I need the MS-DOS command
> setup that drive. I need to know A command on how to make the Computer
> READ
> the F:/. I just don't know how. Please help me!

The OS listed is Win95. This is an XP OS newsgroup. You should post to one
for Win95.

Here is a list of MS newsgroups on the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

=?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29u?=

      13th Dec 2006

"Rock" wrote:

> "Dragon" wrote
>
> > HELP!
> >
> > My cd-rom drive dosn't read CD-ROMS anymore. I think that the CD-ROM
> > driver
> > isd lost, And I cant rebuild my C: drive. Below is my PC information:
> >
> > OS: Windows 95 (Unknown Version)
> > Manufacture: NEC Corperation
> > CD-DRIVE LETTER: F:/
> > Sound:None
> > RAM: Unknown
> > MEMORY: Unknown
> >
> > I know that there is not A driver on there. But I need the MS-DOS command
> > setup that drive. I need to know A command on how to make the Computer
> > READ
> > the F:/. I just don't know how. Please help me!

> The OS listed is Win95. This is an XP OS newsgroup. You should post to one
> for Win95.
>
> Here is a list of MS newsgroups on the Web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

OK, Sorry

But the PC came with A startup disk. The startup disk thinks that the CD
drive is "R"
when its realy "F". I changed the letter in the disk to "F" but the disk
says "No such drive F:/"
There is not A driver for it. I need the DOS command for A new CD-ROM drive.

THX

Rock

      13th Dec 2006
"Dragon" wrote

> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Dragon" wrote
>>
>> > HELP!
>> >
>> > My cd-rom drive dosn't read CD-ROMS anymore. I think that the CD-ROM
>> > driver
>> > isd lost, And I cant rebuild my C: drive. Below is my PC information:
>> >
>> > OS: Windows 95 (Unknown Version)
>> > Manufacture: NEC Corperation
>> > CD-DRIVE LETTER: F:/
>> > Sound:None
>> > RAM: Unknown
>> > MEMORY: Unknown
>> >
>> > I know that there is not A driver on there. But I need the MS-DOS
>> > command
>> > setup that drive. I need to know A command on how to make the Computer
>> > READ
>> > the F:/. I just don't know how. Please help me!

>> The OS listed is Win95. This is an XP OS newsgroup. You should post to
>> one
>> for Win95.
>>
>> Here is a list of MS newsgroups on the Web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
>>

> OK, Sorry
>
> But the PC came with A startup disk. The startup disk thinks that the CD
> drive is "R"
> when its realy "F". I changed the letter in the disk to "F" but the disk
> says "No such drive F:/"
> There is not A driver for it. I need the DOS command for A new CD-ROM
> drive.

The answer is still the same. Post to a Win95 newsgroup. I have you the
link to the newsgroups on the web.